Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Little Things

It's easy to get excited about the big things in life...the first words, first steps, promotions, graduations...These things are always a big deal, and are pretty exciting for everyone involved. I love the big things as much as anyone, but sometimes it's the little things that really bring me the most happiness. Flowers on Valentine's Day are great, but it's the unexpected roses, for no reason at all, that I remember the most. I'm a sucker for the little things...


Like tiny bird's nests that magically appear in a hanging basket.



Like my little guy playing his first big game.





Or my little girl taking it all in...



It's the anticipation of what's to come.





It's seeing her do something she shouldn't be able to do.




It's the thrill of the hunt...



It's a spring spruce-up for a tiny walker.



It's a little chair, for a big transition.


Last week this little chair was given to us from the preschool Maddie will be attending in the fall. She has mastered getting in and out of it, and given me one less thing to worry about while she is there. She looks so proud when she sits in it...It's her space, her freedom, her chair. Thank you Pam...This small act of kindness has meant more to me than I can express.

I love the little things.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet and simple and so true. I love how long Maddie's hair is getting! And those eggs are sooo cute! What an amazing thing to see. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...