Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Fall Ya'll

Ahhh...Such a great weekend! Crisp, cool mornings, warm afternoons, and chilly evenings...definitely feeling the fall! I love this time of year. I've said it before, but it is by far my favorite season. The crunchy leaves, the yummy scented candles, the shameless excuses for adding egg nog to everything from french toast to coffee...It's just a great season! And that doesn't even take into consideration the anticipation of all that next month brings...Yep, I've already rocked some Christmas cd's this month. Guilty as charged. I'm such a kid when it comes to this stuff. This weekend (minus a crazy head cold) came together with all the things I love most about this time of year, and I am left feeling happy, content, and excited for what comes next.

Friday was my birthday, and we had family over for dinner and cake. My favorite little baker was in charge of my cake...



To thank him for his efforts, I asked him to help me blow out the candles....and he obliged.




This morning started with hot coffee on a chilled porch swing. Once the littles woke up, we bundled their little jammied-bodies up, and took them outside with us. Mason couldn't resist all the fallen leaves, and decided he needed to rake. The only thing more fun than jumping in a giant pile of crunchy leaves, is sliding in a giant pile of crunchy leaves...and so he did.

Perfecting his pile...



Testing it out...



Again...



And again...



Success...





Maddie and Love-Pup helped rake some too...



Joining in the fun...



Bundled, but barefoot...go figure.







Happy Fall Ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Such fun! So glad your birthday weekend was great. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jet would have had a BLAST playing with your kiddos! He LOVES the leaves! :) Cute pictures! What a blessing to have a birthday so full of love. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...