So, my last post was kind of a downer, and I want to say Thank You to each one of you who sent me encouraging messages and comments. I have some amazing friends out there...Some of whom I've never met, but honestly can't imagine not "knowing" you. Thank you for allowing me to be honest with myself, and with you.
An update on things: I spoke to our EI Services Coordinator about my frustrations and concerns, and she has assured me that she will work to find a solution...Either another OT evaluation, or a Speech consult....so we will see. Maddie continues to tease me with glimpses of forward motion when trying to crawl...I know it will come. I just need to be patient, and maybe change up our routine a bit. Maybe a new PT location, or a new incentive will help shake things up.
So anyway, it was a long week for me, spent soul-searching and trying to work through all the things that I felt were going completely wrong. And although I'm not quite back to rainbows and unicorns yet, I thought the best way for me to get back there is to remind myself of everything around me that is completely right. So, in no particular order, here are some of the things I'm loving right now...
1. Trips to the Playground
2. Watching the Tigers win the first game of the season (barely)
3. Mason waiting for Chris to get home
4. My Girl in her polka-dot bow
5. The first cool front of the season (Yes, it only got down to the 70's, but it was heaven)
6. An orange Shutterfly package waiting at my door (the new summer book is here, and it is delish!)
7. The little guy that he is becoming
8. The bond these two share
9. One last trip to the pool before school starts
10. An unexpected gift from an unexpected friend...Kelly, we love the hat, we love the note, we love you!