Saturday, March 6, 2010

Moving On

You know that feeling you get when something you've been dreading for a long time is finally over? Like a giant weight has been lifted off of your chest and you can finally breathe a deep sigh of relief...I'm there today.
Since Madison's first day of life I have dreaded the possibility of a shunt. We waited and watched for months as she danced the fine line between ok and not ok. Then came the letdown of actually moving forward with the surgery...and now that it's behind us, I feel like I can finally breathe. Sigh.... yeah, I know we are far from in the clear as far as complications go, but she is doing beautifully, and we are enjoying our moments more, now that the dreaded has finally passed. We can move on...


And Madison is back to her happy, sweet, little self...
From 2010-03-02



From 2010-02-28






Is there anything sweeter than this smile?



Now that Maddie is feeling better, she's enjoying her tummy time again. She's getting so big, so fast...and I can't shake the feeling that I'm trying to hold onto a fistful of sand and it keeps slipping right through my fingers. I beg her to stay little all the time...and even though I spend every moment with her, I always feel like I'm missing something. I miss the baby she was last month, last week, yesterday....it's just going so fast.

From 2010-02-28



From 2010-02-28


And Mason, my big guy....He has recently started to help me in the kitchen...with anything, and everything. He's my favorite little sous chef.
From 2010-02-28







We're still working the kinks out
...but it's a good thing we like butter. :)





From 2010-02-28



He enjoys making pretty much anything, but his favorite thing of all is making "cookie doughs."
He likes his dough plain...no chips or nuts, and he calls them "clean cookies."






From 2010-02-28


The only thing more fun than making cookies with Mason, is watching him wait for them to come out.






From 2010-02-28



This Friday we had our follow up appointment with Madison's neurosurgeon at Children's in New Orleans. My parents were taking Mason that morning, and we decided to all meet up at the Children's Museum after lunch. Mason had never been, and I hadn't been since I was little.

It hadn't changed much, and we loved every minute of it.







From 2010-02-28









From 2010-02-28




Madison had a great time too...







From 2010-02-28




While we were at the museum, there was another baby there that looked close to Maddie's age...maybe younger. I couldn't help but notice as she crawled up the padded ramps in the play area. She was getting around well, and I realized that now is the time I'm going to really start to see a difference between us and them. We are rapidly approaching the stages where other kids will hit some major milestones, and I have to remind myself that she'll hit them too...just in her own time. I guess that's part of the reason that I'm so desperate to hold onto her so tightly. I want to keep things simple, and it's all so incredibly simple when they're tiny and no one is ahead and no one is behind.




From 2010-02-28






From 2010-02-28




Nothing makes him happier than a train table...Although he had lots of fun in the grocery store as well.





From 2010-02-28





From 2010-02-28









From 2010-02-28





From 2010-02-28


Possibly an "engineer-in-the-making" following in Daddy's footsteps?


After a long day playing tourists in the city, we all went to Rock n Sake for dinner...YUM! I wish I'd taken a pic of the sushi platter we got, but it wasn't around long enough...Delish!

So all in all...a great start to the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see Madison is doing so well. She is so cute. I completely understand where you are coming from regarding keeping them small. As I always say "babies don't walk" - it sure makes things a lot easier. It's hard to not hurt a bit, but I know it will get easier as we start to realize that they will achieve so much but it will be on their time.

    Wishing you all the best.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...