Tuesday, February 12, 2013

93 days

93 days...That's how long it's been since my last post.  I was looking at the log and it shows 47 posts in 2010, 29 posts in 2011, and 15 posts in 2012...I'm sensing a trend here.  And although the numbers speak volumes as to how much busier each year gets, it also says a lot about how great things are going.  In the first year of this little blog I wrote 47 posts...47 posts about my fears, my worries, my inadequacies, and my challenging transition into becoming a special needs mom.  It was all so raw, and this blog gave me an outlet to vent, to share, and to work through a grieving process I didn't realize I was in.  It was therapeutic, and it connected me to so many amazing parents all over the world, going down the same road. The next year brought with it more challenges and milestones, but also more joy and hope for whatever lies ahead.  And 2012 was a happy, healthy,  really-crazy-busy-but-normal-family kind of year.  So for this blogger, no news really is good news.  There hasn't been any drama, any surgeries, or any major concerns lately....and sadly, as a result, I've needed this blog a lot less.  It's become another item on my to-do list...not the much-needed outlet it was before.  It's been replaced with date nights, wine, Zumba, pinterest, wine, GNO with all my fav girls, wine, and so many other things that make this girl happy.  :)  And I think that's a good thing...it says we're good.  I've still got a lot on my plate, but I feel like I've finally gotten to a place where SB isn't running the show...it's just along for the ride.  And so far, the ride's been good...

SO, if there's anybody out there still reading after 93 days of nada...Here's what you've missed  :)


Thanksgiving


So many things to be thankful for this year, but mainly, I'm thankful for these two...


Pictures with Santa


This was the first year Maddie actually went through with it...Should've bribed her with the pretzel last year.


Celebration in the Oaks


Look who sat in front of us on the train!!!


Christmas


Complete with Lalaloopsy dolls and Star Wars galore...




Sprinkling reindeer food on Christmas Eve is one of my absolute favorites...


NYE

Sometime after Christmas there was a New Year's Eve party at our house...but thankfully, there are no pictures, so nothing can be proven.  ;)



Mardi Gras 2013






The highlight of Mason's carnival: Catching Star Wars beads from the Star Wars float, while wearing his Star Wars shirt...The force was definitely with him.


And being that today is the official last day of Carnival, and Valentine's day is 2 short days away,  we are already feeling the love around here...


The kids' valentines went out last week. My crafty little bugs had fun with these...and it didn't end there. My house is covered in glitter and paper heart cut-outs.



It makes me smile...

I hope everyone here had a safe, fun Mardi Gras, and I wish a Happy Valentine's Day to all.
Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...