Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Madison



Dear Madison,

I can’t believe it’s been a year.
It seems like just yesterday I was holding you in my arms and peering down into your tiny face for the very first time. In that instant you changed me. I looked at you and I saw a miracle staring back at me. I wasn’t sure how I would feel when I finally met you…wasn’t sure if I was strong enough, or if I had enough love inside of me to give. The moment your eyes locked on mine I knew, without a doubt, that I was strong enough for whatever lies ahead, and that the love I felt for you was in me all along…just waiting for that moment when you looked back at me and asked me to love you completely and unconditionally. I did then, and I always will.






You have taught me so much in this first year…So much about myself, and about the world around me. I appreciate each and every moment so much more now, because I have learned how fragile life can be, and how quickly it goes. That realization has completely changed my perspective, and it was in desperate need of changing. You are the happiest baby I have ever known, and you have a way of making everyone around you happy as well. Your smile is magic. You have made me stronger in every way a person can be. I see how hard you work for each accomplishment, and it inspires me to work harder and be better.








One day I’ll find the words to tell you how much you mean to me…how completely happy you make me, and how unbelievably blessed I feel to witness a miracle on a daily basis. You were the missing piece of our puzzle. You came into this world and completed us in a way that I didn’t know was possible. We needed you…more than you will ever need us, and on this day, your first birthday, I celebrate all that you are, all that you are going to be, and all that we have become now that you are in our lives.
Happy Birthday sweet girl. I love you always.





2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Miss Madison! You are such a beautiful little girl with a beautiful family. :) Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...